Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
brm1109
392 Posts
Paypal

Just my opinion but I would just contact a credit card company and collect credit cards that way. They usually charge around 2-2.5% of the sale.

·
#1 stunner
576 Posts
Paypal is better to send money because on the receiving end you are out at least 3%, so make sure you cover that addition charged so you're not out anything.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I was thinking of giving customers the option of paying with CCs and wondering if Paypal is the best facilitator for this on company website?

No. Way too many chargebacks & then they freeze your account for months

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I don't understand why the government doesn't step in and shut Paypal down, they have got to be the biggest scammers. The government would rather hassle Microsoft who does nothing wrong, while Bill is donating his millions. But when there's a company that's actually scamming and ripping everyone off, who cares?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also have not ever had any problems with pay pal. If you are looking to get a merchant account make sure to have the spectacles handy...for the fine print...I wasn't told of a minum monthly charge that I would need to meet or pay a monthly fee. This was a few years ago I think the monthly fee was about 60.00 per month. Can only imagine the tricks they are trying to pull today!

Pay pal might be a bit more expensive on a per transaction basis but if you don't do as much with credit cards in my opinion it's worth it

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wouldn't use PayPal unless I had no other option. In my experience selling a few things on ebay, they are a major pain to deal with from the seller side. Add to that their fees, and you are losing more with them than a traditional credit card processing company.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't understand why the government doesn't step in and shut Paypal down, they have got to be the biggest scammers. The government would rather hassle Microsoft who does nothing wrong, while Bill is donating his millions. But when there's a company that's actually scamming and ripping everyone off, who cares?
I do not know where you are coming from here? I have used Paypal since their Inception & never once had a problem with them. They actually helped me with transaction problems & resolved them Quick....... They actually alert you to Scammers. About a year ago, somehow, someone sold stuff on Ebay under my account & charged to my Paypal. They picked it up immediatly & notified me & refunded the charges & totally took care of it ! How quick will Credit card companies resove problems???????

I know there is anti-paypal sites etc but who is actually behind them?? Couldn't be the Credit card Companies!! Almost like the Anti-healthcare bill advocates-where does this fight originate from????? Couldn't be the Insurance Co's !!! Sad to say everyone jumps on board ..................

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks very much for the replies. Mixed reviews about Paypal. Seemed like the quickest/easiest option to implement but convenience comes at a cost I guess and maybe not so convenient going forward.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I know there is anti-paypal sites etc but who is actually behind them?? Couldn't be the Credit card Companies!!
No, the anti-paypal talk is not a conspiracy. They really do rip people off, I am one of them who has been screwed by paypal. If it hasn't happened to you, you are lucky, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
No, the anti-paypal talk is not a conspiracy. They really do rip people off, I am one of them who has been screwed by paypal. If it hasn't happened to you, you are lucky, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I agree. I'm one of the many people that got screwed by paypal. :censored:

·
Superior Firepower
5,089 Posts
Same here, so far only once. I don't know why they let me set up my own account. They changed it to their liking before I even got started. :censored:

·
Internet Marketing Agency
339 Posts
We've used Paypal for years...had some charge backs but never had an issue with Paypal itself.

Most of the people I have known who have had problems with Paypal are those that have excessive chargebacks. Before some of you jump down my throat for saying that...yes there are exceptions, though I've not seen any.

·
Nest Home Improvement
890 Posts
I have used PayPal for years and never had a problem with them.

To the OP, you may want to explore Google's credit card processing called Google Checkout. I don't get many requests for CC payments but when I do now I usually use Google Checkout.

The fees are 2.9% plus .30 cents per transaction. It takes a minute to enter customers info on the Google site. Customer receives email link to enter their information and pay via secure part of Google's site. You get the money transferred to your account less the cc transactions fees in 1-2 days.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts