Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm new to this and I am swamped with paperwork, some of my subs have finished their jobs and submitted their invoice; however, I'm not sure how to send the Payment, just a check to their billing address? I called and asked for an account to make the transfer, but I'm not sure what's the standard when paying subs. Help?!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Ok, I'm new to this and I am swamped with paperwork, some of my subs have finished their jobs and submitted their invoice; however, I'm not sure how to send the Payment, just a check to their billing address? I called and asked for an account to make the transfer, but I'm not sure what's the standard when paying subs. Help?!
I'd use a check....nice hard copy accompaning the lien releases.

(My bank still returns my checks... but even if they don't you can usually print them easily.)

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,117 Posts
As long as I have a good working relationship with a builder as soon as I am done with the job they get a invoice faxed to them and they send me a check. Some jobs require a lien release that gets mailed ,faxed or I go pick up check and sign release.

·
Super Moderator
10,741 Posts
As long as I have a good working relationship with a builder as soon as I am done with the job they get a invoice faxed to them and they send me a check. Some jobs require a lien release that gets mailed ,faxed or I go pick up check and sign release.
Almost no one here uses a fax anymore. My painter wanted to fax me an invoice the other day. I haven't had a fax hooked up in over 5 years. Email is king.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,117 Posts
Almost no one here uses a fax anymore. My painter wanted to fax me an invoice the other day. I haven't had a fax hooked up in over 5 years. Email is king.
Guess I am just behind times here :laughing: Builders I do work for all have them yet too. :thumbsup: We still even have horses and buggies here. Circle the wagons at night. Think me might even still pump sunlight in too , although not sure on that one. :jester:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Guess I am just behind times here :laughing: Builders I do work for all have them yet too. :thumbsup: We still even have horses and buggies here. Circle the wagons at night. Think me might even still pump sunlight in too , although not sure on that one. :jester:
Don't forget to stoke the fire at bedtime.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
You still have a rotary dial phone also?...:laughing::laughing:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.