Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sean
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.SLS-Construction.com - welcome to version 3 (it is about 75% completed, but good enough to release)

I was hoping to get my site completed by the end of June - nope, it didn't happen

I was able to get it jump started by creating 2 other sites to help trim down the original - www.CullmanHandyman.com was created for just the Handyman portion, while I created a Blog - http://blog.sls-construction.com for the articles I had written & the photobook (I still have to move that off the main site)

As for the question - DIY or hire it out, I am about burnt out working on the sites, while dealing with the normal business.

Well guys & girls - have at it, let me know how I did & if you see any area's that can be improved. Oh & if anyone spots why my contact page isn't working - please let me know. Thanks

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
top right, want should not have an apostrophe in it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
One thing on your handyman site. I believe you can't charge more for CC than any other form of payment. I know we can't. Might want to check with your bank!

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,805 Posts
The old English font is hard to read and doesn't fit with the look of the rest on a few of the pages.

No references?

You might stick some thumbnail photos on your resource page to make it a little more visually interesting.

The org logos need a little more room between them. They look a little tight together.

The text doesn't skim very well in some cases. The subject heads don't stand out quite enough from the bold underlined text links on your resource page.

The Quick Link "Was your house built before..." is dead, as is "Installation Services Offered", "Other Articles", and "Photo-book"... They just open a new window with your home page.

·
Sean
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing on your handyman site. I believe you can't charge more for CC than any other form of payment. I know we can't. Might want to check with your bank!
I'm not :shifty: - I am giving a discount to those that pay via cash or check which is allowable, I swore I had a paragraph dealing with that (I will have to double check that & maybe reword the graph to make it clearer if it's not)

FYI - I still have to get the CC stuff setup - I have yet to get any calls requesting it though

Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
http://www.SLS-Construction.com

As for the question - DIY or hire it out, I am about burnt out working on the sites, while dealing with the normal business.
Why not find a good web designer and offer to trade services? I'm sure there is one out there that would like to make his/her spouse happy with a new deck for Christmas.

He won't nail his foot to the floor and you won't frustrate potential clients.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts