Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Employers: How do you pay your employees?
Employees: How are you paid?

After taking the poll, what method do you think is the best for both the employee and employer?

Comments?

Nathan

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I get paid commission, and it works out great. I am making more money than ever before, and some months it is mind boggling. The downside is, that I need to have reserves in the bank in the slow months, (nov,dec,jan) but so far, even those months have been providing the money I need. I like the fact that I get paid depending on how hard I work, because the supply of money monthly is really unlimited. I could crank out an average 2600 per month and get by great, but then there will be some months I can give myself a raise of 3000 more. When I got my first 1/2 monthly check of 3600 I nearly soiled myself, and some people here and in this field of work are making 6 figures. I never knew when I first got into this kind of work, how much money is available, but when you think about it, a full carpet job for a whole house can run about 3000. Laminate, wood, cork and such run easily into 8000-12000. a couple of those jobs per month can really get me going. I can see how good car salesman really crank out the cash!

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea, I forgot to add commision base...
I just added it now.

I know what you mean though Florcraft, I don't think people realize how much money can be made in contracting!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I am commission based, with kindof hourly bonuses. Since we are a small business I do alot of things that I normallyw ouldn;t in a larger company so I get what I consider to be min wage for the hours I spend in the office.

I think that ALL employees should somehow be based on performance. Hourly+ bonuses would be the best method for a data entry clerk or even an installer where you can actually measure the work they do.

I think people who spend time answering the phones have no choice but to be paid hourly. I just hate the people who get paid hourly and sit around all day wasting time... <coughs> unions <coughs>

Then again I would NEVER work salary unless it was a damned good deal because your boss will expect you to work non stop 24-7.

When you average it all out I make... 5k a month but thats because the winter months slow me down, and I have to deal with more months than Flor. Half Nov... DEC JAN FEB and half March.That's 4 full months of nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts