Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of internet marketing firms that would enlist publishers to put up ads of various kinds online in order to get a commission off of a sale or lead? For instance, $20 per lead (legitimate phone call, not telemarketer) or $500/sale.

Then, you have all kinds of skilled internet publishers trying to find you business by any means possible.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Paying Per Lead is tough because not every lead is a good lead. But paying per sale is also difficult because of tracking and honesty. What we have found, is that we run a free 14 day trial for roofing companies. After the trial we review the analytics and feedback with the owner, and price the program based on his/her market size and budget. We rarely don't find a middle ground with the roofing companies that do business with us.

Interested in a free trial? Mention the forum. I am the founder. My name is Travis Reeks.

[email protected]
405-343-9099

·
SVP Business Development
5 Posts
If I were a contractor I would love to pay for the lead only if it resulted in a sale. However, this is asking a lead provider to have great trust that I, along with all their partnerships, choose to let them know that a sale did occur on a lead they passed. This may cost more per lead in the long run if you have a high closing rate also.

As a lead gen company, we have a flat fee per lead which varies only based on the trade. This is the best approach as we focus on what we do best, finding interested homeowners and you do what you do best, close the deal. We ask for a fee that covers our cost to acquire the lead plus a small margin to continue to grow. In most cases this would still be less than if you did the advertising yourself as we reinvest that margin to optimize our ads even further for quality. It would be absurd for us to assume we are due a percentage of your job that you sold.

We also allow you to set parameters to only receive leads that match your requisites before even passing the lead over. Currently we are providing thousands of leads a month to window replacement contractors nationwide, with plans of increasing other trades to the same level by the end of the year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pay per lead or job is excellent!

I started in the Lead gen business by running Improvenet.com - which is now owned by HomeAdvisor. We did Pay per lead of Win Fee and it worked well. Of course some contractors may game the system etc but actually paying per win is more expensive. Some of our contractors would pay us $2000 per win. Today there are services such as ServiceLane.com which do offer a Pay per win Service as well. But it is more expensive even though the risk is less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this guy is a scammer stay away

Yes the only pay per sale lead company for contractors is paypersaleleads.com
Hi guys just google [email protected] and you will find tons of dirt on this guy brandon hall. he is a well known scammer. and the good reviews are fake - dont believe them for a moment.

contact me for more info or if you want in on the lawsuit against him
[email protected]

·
Banned
599 Posts
As a marketing guy, I would 100% prefer the pay-per-sale model - as I should make more money by bringing quality leads to a contractor.

However (as mentioned above) the tractability and honesty factors make this pretty difficult.

Back in the early 2000's, I was getting leads all over the US (not just the areas my then employer covered). So, we set up a referral program with other contractors in the same network as us. No lead costs, we took 5% on sales only. We were closing 35+% of the leads locally... but AMAZINGLY only about 3% of the leads we referred out were sold by the others.

Regardless, I've always said this. Marketing and sales are two totally separate beasts. Great marketing won't bring in revenue from a company with crap sales efforts.

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,072 Posts
These threads from 8 years ago are such old topics and a distraction.

A new contractor should focus on their own website marketing and not be distracted with the topic.

And if we have something fun to debate, then why not start a new thread like "Is your landline more important than your cellphone?" :laughing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
my bad

These threads from 8 years ago are such old topics and a distraction.

A new contractor should focus on their own website marketing and not be distracted with the topic.

And if we have something fun to debate, then why not start a new thread like "Is your landline more important than your cellphone?" :laughing:
sorry that is my bad, found this thread on google and wanted to make sure people are warned about a scammer(brandon hall from captivate media/icon marketing) on it offering pay per sale services.

·
KStro
28 Posts
This feels like extortion

The internet is starting to feel more and more like extortion. These pay per lead companies are popping up everywhere.

If you are a business owner and want an online presence then build it. Pay a reputable agency to build your brand and your online presence. Do not waste your money per leads as you are building someone elses brand. If you are in buisness and are not spending at least $1000 per month on seo, and your online presence than you should not be in business.

Just my 2 cents.

Kyle

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,072 Posts
The internet is starting to feel more and more like extortion. These pay per lead companies are popping up everywhere.

If you are a business owner and want an online presence then build it. Pay a reputable agency to build your brand and your online presence. Do not waste your money per leads as you are building someone elses brand. If you are in buisness and are not spending at least $1000 per month on seo, and your online presence than you should not be in business.

Just my 2 cents.

Kyle
You are correct, but this mostly exists due to the nature of so many contractors looking to shortcut the traditional process of building a brand and marketing it correctly. That is why we are inundated with commercials for homeowners to look for a contractor. But the bright side is all you need to do is go in the right direction and you will be among the minority who will stay in business and grow the business for many years out. Good comment.
Brian
PS. The only thing I may challenge-comment is the amount you indicated since sometimes that is the minimum cost but there are others I work with who spend a lot less. Many permutations that are impossible for one to cover unless we know the service, the target locations and the competitive environment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know of any lead gen sites that will charge per sale, probably because it's too hard to track. Not to mention, then they would actually have to follow through on their quality of leads.

The only similar thing I use is LawnStarter, which is like Uber for lawn care. They handle the transactions and pay me the amount while taking their commission. Most pay good, others are a bit under market, but I'm selective about taking jobs in my neighborhoods (important for lawn maintenance) and they've been accommodating about making sure to give me clients in the zip codes I want.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Just my 2 cents.

Kyle

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I don't know of any lead gen sites that will charge per sale, probably because it's too hard to track. Not to mention, then they would actually have to follow through on their quality of leads.

The only similar thing I use is LawnStarter, which is like Uber for lawn care. They handle the transactions and pay me the amount while taking their commission. Most pay good, others are a bit under market, but I'm selective about taking jobs in my neighborhoods (important for lawn maintenance) and they've been accommodating about making sure to give me clients in the zip codes I want.
They don't charge per sale because they can blast that 1 lead out to 20 people and charge them for it. Can't charge all 20 for the sale because the project is only going to one of them.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts