Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Meaning which day of the week. And weekly or every other week.

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
I pay weekly with one in the hole.

Bi-weekly was too difficult for everyone including myself. Paying daily/every few days was a disaster.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I thought payday was every friday....in the afternoon.....late as possible to keep everyone around as long as possible.... :D

·
Trees are Cool
195 Posts
I worked for a guy who paid on Tuesday. He found that a Friday payday the workers
Would have a great weekend, be broke and not have money for bills. Tuesday pay for the
Past week seems good to me.

·
Super Moderator
25,772 Posts
Pay period is Thursday thru Wednesday, bi weekly. Hand out checks every other Friday morning, they usually cash on the way to the job and pay me back my cash advances that afternoon.

Reactions: Roofcheck

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I like every week but every two weeks would be ok once I got used to it.

Worked for one maybe two companies that payed the 1st and 15th of every month. I can't remember why but I didn't like it.

·
Vendor
6,346 Posts
Checks/Direct deposit on Monday, ends a lot of the beer flu Monday call ins. I preferred it when I was paid once a month, but that is not really practical for hourly guys.

·
Super Moderator
25,772 Posts
Checks/Direct deposit on Monday, ends a lot of the beer flu Monday call ins. I preferred it when I was paid once a month, but that is not really practical for hourly guys.
When I was doing commercial, foremans and supers got paid once a month on the first.

I dont care, long as it comes.

·
Registered
17,169 Posts
Our work week starts on Wed. and ends on Tues, and direct deposit to their accounts for Friday.
What if a guy wanted you to pay him and not the bank:blink:

·
GC/carpenter
40,509 Posts
They take more taxes out if you get paid every two weeks. I never could understand that, as long as you claim the same amount of dependents the deductions should be the same as getting paid every week.

·
Super Moderator
25,772 Posts
What if a guy wanted you to pay him and not the bank:blink:
When I was hand in commercial ( a year) we got a check on Fridays. When I was a foreman then super, direct deposit once a month. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
25,772 Posts
They take more taxes out if you get paid every two weeks. I never could understand that, as long as you claim the same amount of dependents the deductions should be the same as getting paid every week.
:eek:

I haven't noticed that, but i dont do payroll.

·
Registered
176 Posts
sub not many but check book is in my truck and 2 others. Done you get paid now. Emp direct deposit every monday. Went to monday few years back now more over living on the weekends and those that used to hit others up on wendsday now have savings accounts go fig.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Banks are charging $5 or $7 to cash checks now. Direct deposit implies the boys have accounts. The best employees I've found are those that have the ability to be on their own but the financial balances off... Ie cash advances Jaws mentioned.

When roofing days pay no matter what the hours were, paid 8 no matter the weather. Over 40 still meant 1.5. Kept the morale up and everyone on time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts