Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally informally tell my customers that we Warranty our hardscapes for two years....and I've never had a problem or even ever had to go back to fix anything but I just finished a paver patio and the customer has been the worst client we have ever dealt with...just real high maintenance and he is now saying he wants a written warranty on the pavers....never had to write anything like this up....anyone got any suggestions on the conditions, number of years, etc??? Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Can't say where you're at, but here we have to warrant our work for a period of 1 year. Your warranty should be outlined in your contracts, that way pissy clients can't blow up in your face.

·
J Meloche
109 Posts
i dont blame them for wanting a written warranty. it should be stated in your contract. it should also specify that the warranty does not apply to things over which you have no control like improper use, etc. it should state that the warranty is void if another contractor performs repirs on what you built.

jm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts