Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short...I inherited a Model IM250...It's dirty and needs help. I am prone to re-building things and was wondering if this project is worth it. Any ideas? Thanks.

-old

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the heads up.

I am pretty sure the battery situation is at fault with this gun...I was just wondering if anybody has any first hand experience at cleaning one of these deals...what to clean, how to clean it, etc. thanks again. later.

-old

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
I would assume there are instructions available online. They will probably have blow-ups of the gun so you can see what is what.

It is not hard to clean one of these guns. A few screws and the motor comes right off. A word of warning, the fan can be damaged very easily if you are not careful tipping the motor off.

Rebuild kits are widely available for these guns.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info...as of this moment I am using a brand new gun as an instruction guide...I would take a pic but...I wouldnt know how to post (lame excuse)...lol

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Right on old I love rebuilding tools others have given up on. One guy tossed 3 skil saws and a hose and two chords. One skil needed a chord and the other a table. Which I got when another guy that upgraded to that bosch mag table. The third had burnt bushings but is cut for a Bigfoot attachment. That will save me when I get the attachment. Then the hose needed a fitting and the chords needed ends. One of them was a 10 guage 100 ft three way. I think this all cost me about 10 bucks to fix with the freebies.

Then there was a guy that gave me a pancake air comp that only needed a pipe to fix. With the easy out and the pipe that was maybe a 10 dollar fix.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lucky Me

The newly reconditioned Paslode got ripped off out of the back of my locked capped truck. Also taken: Dewalt Combo Kit (first fathers day gift from my wife), Makita circular, Porter cable recip. Sucks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the words Glass...I should consider myself lucky i suppose...most of my tools were on a job in a box...the doosh bags left a compressor, two finish guns, a jigsaw, three tool boxes with hand tools, a zip tool..etc...every tool has a silver lining right? later.

-old

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Back in the 70's, my father (a carpenter) got every tool he owned stolen out of the back of his truck while he was in a restaraunt eating lunch. Funny thing was, he was stitting less than 20 feet from where the truck was parked and never realized. In my book, there's two things you never mess with without expecting bodily harm. A man's wife and a man's tools. Luckily, I've never had that experience myself. It would make me sick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts