Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the paslode gas canisters don't last as long any more. Been using them for years, just noticed this past year or two that they just don't last anymore. Is it me? Are there any other Mgf's beside paslode to try?

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I haven't noticed a difference, although the interchangeable metering valves on the new trim cartridges tends to annoy me, as does the price increase that they tried to disguise by downsizing from a 4 pack to a 2 pack.

All in all, I still am willing to pay for the convenience of mobility offered by freedom from the hose.:thumbup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
That new Dewalt cordless framer looks pretty impressive. Have seem some reviews they are saying you can shoot 700 3" nails per 4.0 ah battery pack. It has some pretty big perks over the Paslode framer even the lithium version. Not having to deal with fuel cells going bad the cost of said fuel cells, the noise, it's issues with cold, and cleaning it. The one thing that I wonder with the Dewalt is how well it does in denser woods. I'm tempted to sell my Paslode Nailers at the moment even though I do like them a lot.

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
That new Dewalt cordless framer looks pretty impressive. Have seem some reviews they are saying you can shoot 700 3" nails per 4.0 ah battery pack. It has some pretty big perks over the Paslode framer even the lithium version. Not having to deal with fuel cells going bad the cost of said fuel cells, the noise, it's issues with cold, and cleaning it. The one thing that I wonder with the Dewalt is how well it does in denser woods. I'm tempted to sell my Paslode Nailers at the moment even though I do like them a lot.
I'm really interested in the dewalt framer, I've got a couple other priorities tool wise before I get it but it is on my list (unless it gets bad reviews over time).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dewalt was really weird about releasing the tool it was supposed to come out the beginning of this year and was delayed till about the end of 2013 a few online places in the USA had some stock. It's been on sale in Europe for a good chunk of time I don't know if they were using that market as a beta test or they had a production/supply issue you know they will never say why though. Dewalt has had some issues with tool launches this year their Radar Scanner was delayed multiple times and when it did get released almost every review rated it one star except all of the tool review sites It even managed to get tool of the year on a few of them I wonder why :) Dewalt did do the right thing and returned peoples money and removed it from the market they are supposed to release a new model this year. I wonder if they will just give up on it and sweep it under the rug as a failed venture. I will say though I haven't heard anything like that with the cordless framer though, but it is still very new and very expensive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I primarily use the 18Ga finisher for interiors. We use them every day,all day, for years. I am convinced the gas doesn't last as long as they did just two years ago. Either they are cheeping out or maybe the new twist top design is causing them to leak? I am convinced something is up. Starting to think about alternatives. Getting expensive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts