Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a company Pasloade Power Master in relatively new condition, but the dam thing keeps miss firing (not shooting nails, or shoots every 3rd trigger pull). It seems to come and go and gets better as the day goes on. It gets oiled daily and Ive put WD40 in the nail sleeve. I can't seem to isolate the issue and get it resolved.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
Tom Struble said:
i would say that the driver is not retracting far enough back to allow the next nail to advance,probably need to disassemble to the mid-check O ring
As long as you have it apart, clean the chit out of it.

I've noticed this with mine. When they get dirty they misfire or don't fire at all.

I'll bet if you clean it, this problem goes away.

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are there any how to videos you could recommend (you tube or articles) for disassembling? Ive fixed minor issues, but nothing in depth.

And since its technically not mine, I don't want to accidentally or inadvertently muck something up.

Thanks.

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
Boda said:
And since its technically not mine, I don't want to accidentally or inadvertently muck something up.

Thanks.
You neglected to mention that important part.

I'm sure there are, at the very least they should have an exploded view of the gun online somewhere.
I'll see if I can post a link,

OR,

Give it to the person that owns it and tell them:

"it needs cleaned"

( sorry)

"it needs to be cleaned".

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bring up equipment issues as soon as they present themselves, however, that does not mean it is addressed right away.

Basically I can deal with it in frustration until it get fixed, or I can take it upon myself to fix it if I can.

Nobody gets :censored: done like doing it yourself sometimes.

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
Boda said:
I bring up equipment issues as soon as they present themselves, however, that does not mean it is addressed right away.

Basically I can deal with it until it get fixed, or I can take it upon myself to fix it if I can.

Nobody gets :censored: done like doing it yourself sometimes.
Couldn't agree more with that last statement.

They have a PDF online, but I can't seem to open it.

Its a lot less moving parts than you'd think.

If you have a moderate level of mechanical ability, a set of Allen wrenches, the spray cleaner they sell at the HC's, a roll of paper towels and about 45 mins,

You CAN do it yourself.

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ah gotcha. Ya I think Pasloade.com is down. I can't get anything to show up. And surprise all the videos on youtube are for Impulse/cordless guns. How I loath them. If its anything more than a quick job on a punch give me an air powered gun. They miss fire worse than the pneumatics.

I figured for how long these guns have been around (this is the old model Powermaster F350 mind you) there would be a video about cleaning it, just jumping out of the google/youtube searches... but nada.

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
I'm with you on the Impulses.

I sold mine 8 years ago.

The pneumatics get finicky when they are dirty.

Take it apart, if your that skeerd, video yourself doing it so you have a reference to put it back together.

It is WAY less work than field stripping a semi auto hand pistol, if that's any type of reference, or I may have just pi$$ed you off.

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now that I think on it, taking it apart is probably more straight forward than I think, its more of what sort of cleaner/oil to use where I think.

·
Pro
2,138 Posts
Boda said:
Now that I think on it, taking it apart is probably more straight forward than I think, its more of what sort of cleaner/oil to use where I think.
Paslode sells an aerosol that's labeled for the Impulse.

Use that.

WD-40 is a silicone base.

Stop using that internally.

If you don't have gun oil, 10w-30 will work fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts