Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pasload powermaster plus framing gun that's about 8 years old. The things been to hell and back w/ me. Lately it started missfiring a bit and recently it almost quit working all together (about every fifth shot it will fire a nail, the first four shots are misses :blink:). Has anyone ever had this problem and have they successfully fixed it?

The local repair shop for these is like a 40 min drive plus I know they'll charge me like 90$ to fix it (had it fixed there once before because of a leaky gasket).

Thanks in advance for any advice :thumbsup:!

·
Super Moderator
10,597 Posts
If you have used that gun for 8 years and fixed it once, it is long overdue for a rebuild. I would gladly pay the 80 bucks to get it running well again.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
First, make sure it's not the nails themselves. I've had problems in the past with the paper collation. If they get damp, they have a tendancy to bunch up un the magazine. Also, make sure the follower is not hanging up, causing the nails to feed improperly. If those items check out, the gun may need to be thoroughly cleaned, which requires removing the cap to get at the drive piston and cylinder. Over time, oil and dirt will form a sticky mess in the cylinder which will cause it to drag and sometimes not fully return to allow the next nail to feed.

Reactions: griz and mattsk8

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,807 Posts
Ditto Warren and Lone's comments. We all have a tendency to just buy a tool, abuse it until it dies, and then pitch it.

IMO, Paslodes are quite well made, and with proper maintenance and a good understanding of how they work, should last many years without being relegated to the dumpster.

But if you feel its time has come, I'd be willing to give it a home, free of charge. :whistling

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll never pitch it :no:! I have emotional attachment to it. When I say it's been to hell and back w/ me I mean it. That poor gun's seen more abuse than any of my other tools and until just recently it took it like a champ :thumbsup:! I'll fix it if I can but if I can't I'll definitely take it in and get it fixed. Just trying to avoid putting out the cheese if I can :thumbup:!
Hopefully it is just dirty. I'll pull it apart tomorrow and see what I see...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts