Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
jeffgamble said:
Hello I am a exterior contractor looking to start Up my own Co. I have been roofing, siding, capping, and every thing exterior for the last 15 years. I do work all I've Philly and the surrounding suburbs. I do to notch work, and I love and take pride in what I do. I am 32 years old and I am fed Up with making other people rich, then being tossed to the curb the second things go south. I am also fed Up with working for hacks that do shoddy work just to make a quick $. Therefore I am ready to do it myself. I have the tools, experience, and contacts to become a very profitable and prestigious company. I already have a good relationship with one of the biggest real estate/ property management companies in Philly. Also I have a small customer base of homeowners in Delco whom I have been doing work for over the years. Here comes the dilemma. I need $. Not a lot. To continue working for this real estate company I need a $500000 insurance policy. I also need a van/truck , 40' ladder, a break, and a few other small items. I have been trying to do it in my own, but being the sole provider for a family of 3 it is nearly impossible. I also lost both my parents when I was very young, so I have no one that can help me out. I figure with a loan of $5000 I will be able to purchase every thing I need to get this company Up and running. Not only would the loan be paid back in the first year, with interest, I would be willing to make you a silent partner and offer you a % of the company. I am very serious. I am one of the best mechanics around. Intelligent, sober, honest, ethical, and ambitious. Please if any one is interested please contract me. We can start a partnership that will be very profitable for both of us I would meet in person, show you pictures of work I have performed, and hash out the details. As soon as I get insured I already have a 50 sq Hardy board siding job set Up at front and south St. Philadelphia. 610 333 7216 Ty Jeff
Don't take on a partner, take your time and save up the money or get a loan from your bank.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had a partner for almost twenty years. It sucked. We split up about ten years ago and I have been a one man show ever since. I would compare it to being blind for twenty years then all the sudden you could see!!
Good luck........nicko

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
Jeff:

You say that you are tired of making other people rich, and then on the other hand you make this offer. Raising $5000 should take you less than 6 months of working Saturdays. At 32 years old, you could have accomplished this already if you really wanted to. If you are serious this time, how about asking for a raise where you currently work? That money could be set aside and used to start your own business. Have you also considered that you will probably need employees? This will mean added costs for payroll, taxes, workers comp, unemployment, etc. $5000 is a puny amount to start on your own with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts