Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one of you guys are going to admit that you pull under the shelter at Lowes or Home Depot and park your truck and then go and do your shopping? I am not talking about after you have checked out and then you pull up to load. I am talking about pulling up there and then going in to pick up a few fittings or small items.

I was at Lowes the other day and noticed this guy maybe around 50 get out of a dully and lock the truck. He went in and checked out about the same time I went in and checked out. I looked to see what he was getting. It was two freaking small bags of what looked like grass seed. I mean give me a break.:censored: This makes it hard for the people who really do need to get up there to load up. There is no room.

·
Banned
846 Posts
I refer you to Man Law #127, subsection B, paragraph 4:

"If a man drives a dually pick up truck to a home improvement center he is entitled to park it anywhere he pleases for he is obviously a better craftsman than a man with but 2 tires on the rear of his truck."

Sorry, but it's the law.

·
Super Moderator
10,678 Posts
Which one of you guys are going to admit that you pull under the shelter at Lowes or Home Depot and park your truck and then go and do your shopping? I am not talking about after you have checked out and then you pull up to load. I am talking about pulling up there and then going in to pick up a few fittings or small items.

I was at Lowes the other day and noticed this guy maybe around 50 get out of a dully and lock the truck. He went in and checked out about the same time I went in and checked out. I looked to see what he was getting. It was two freaking small bags of what looked like grass seed. I mean give me a break.:censored: This makes it hard for the people who really do need to get up there to load up. There is no room.
Probably some no good landscaper.
You shoulda ran up and popped him in the jaw!

Just kiddin Bob.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Saw a guy load one, and I stress one, 2x6 onto a cart. Then check out and conveniently push it out to his F-150 parked in the contractor overhang. Are you kidding me?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably some no good landscaper.
You shoulda ran up and popped him in the jaw!

Just kiddin Bob.
Well he was a little bit bigger than me. At first I thought it was Bob the Landscaper and started to go chat with him. But naaaahhh,:laughing:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I never, ever park there unless I'm loading.

I figure I'll get a free pass into heaven.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I say we let the air out of their tires and then push it to the other side of the parking lot. :whistling

hmmm

Wait, maybe we better push it to the other side first and then let the air out.

yea, that sounds better.:laughing:

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
I got to say I just pulled in and parked there yesterday. I had a 10' brake sticking out of my 6' box with no flag on the back. Stole a plastic red flag just inside the door and left. When I got home it was gone. Probably made it 20' out the driveway, oh well I tried to obey the law, does that mean I don't get to go to heaven?

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
If I'm shopping at Staples (office supply store) and feel like a good cup of coffee I'll park under the overhang at depot and run in for a free cup. Our local one has free Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica and that stuff is around $20 a pound!

Lowes has half *ss coffee but it's free so generally I'll park under there overhang a grab a couple cups while I'm looking around for the free donuts or food.

Note: our local lumber yards have horrible coffee and no overhangs plus they just closed our local one that had a drive in warehouse set up.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Mennonites that can have tractors, but no trucks/autos, park their 'rigs' under there...

Pretty funny stuff watching a guy ratchet strap a bundle of osb to a two wheel trailer behind a John Deere... Heading off on the 10 mile drive home:w00t:

They have hitching posts in the parking lot for the amish and their buggys too:thumbup:

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
It usually embarrasses the employees but I've been known to yell

"Hey Assh*le, get your *****ng truck out of my way"

One guy protested. I told him, "Look, in 15 seconds this cart of lumber will be where the side of your G*d D*mn truck is parked, your choice whether the truck is still there or not" He moved, then apologized.

It helps to be 6'5", 300#, and have a voice that can be heard for blocks.

The really strange thing is, once you have the cart loaded, it really is easier to just push the cart into the lot to load the truck. The only reason to be under the canopy is if the employees are bringing something out on the fork lift.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I usually never park under the overhang, heck I don't even load anything there I don't like the pressure of all the people around:laughing:

What I hate to see though is homeowners or wanna be contractors parked under the canopy they act like they belong there. I like to have fun with people:laughing: If their vehicle is a little dirty I like to put my artistry skills to work or the ole blocked in by carts is a good one too. It adds a little fun to my otherwise painful trips to the depot:laughing:

Dave

·
Registered
618 Posts
Lowes/HD Pro is a bunch of jokers.... even in contractor check out lines. I usually walk up to contractor checkout and say the manager of this store told me to come to the front of the line..... that line always works.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts