Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a builder Ive done alot of framing for that is going to do a fairly large panel system home. He wants me to look at installing it (it will have a stick framed roof) Have any of you guys had luck making money putting these together? I have the PO and while I havent yet seen the drawings it is hard to imagine putting this thing together as fast as I would have to to make money (according to what they are paying) I am sort of leaning against doing it. Not really into learning lessons about losing money! Love to hear some first hand accounts of how these things go

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,531 Posts
I framed for a company that used panels for about 7 years. Once you learn the tricks for putting the panels together it went real quick. New framers almost always had a tough time adjusting to it, spending too much time bracing walls or adding the top plate before they should have.

Put your outside walls together using minimal temp braces, no top plate, be sure to fasten bottom plate well tho. Once the inside walls are nailed in place then run all top plate, then plumb/line. Once you are at that point it's like any other frame.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To make any money at all I have to do in 2 weeks what would take 6 done conventionally.. considering that this project will have a stick framed roof I am just not so sure I can do it and come out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts