Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given my first and what could have been last job from a high end restoration shop. They gave me a lid and told me how they couldn't tolorate any warpage. I took the paint off with walnut and it was 90% covered in plastic. I remembered Mr. Panderson saying he was keeping pictures to show if there had been previous work on a piece. Sure enough the part was quite warped hense the extensive repairs. I know I didn't add to its warpage. After the walnut I used a fine glass I get from newage, at just 40 psi and I never felt any heat build up at all. When I brought the lid back the guy felt it and said"you ruined it" and looked quite pissed. I showed him what was still there of grinder marks and told him it was 90% covered in plastic. He asked me if I had pictures. I had my wife e mail them to his shop and after he saw them he opoligized and said he'll see me again. I don't know if I would have taken the time to take the photos if I hadn't read that but it saved the day.

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Todd I like your set up with the enclosed truck. I have been kicking around the idea as well. I was looking at some isuzu npr trucks. maybe just a twelve footer or so. Were you able to get your airman far enough in to get a skid droped in and still reach it from a gas pump? A mechanic told me it would be no trouble to hook it up to the trucks tank if it were a diesel too. I will get one with a lift gate I see them for about $17,000 with fairly low miles. I figure there is no backing up a trailer and everything is locked up and stays dry and then I can change in it after a job. But then you knew all of this some time ago.

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

Betterblast, you made my night. You didnt have to post that, Thanks. Had a hard day on a 77' by 30' foot liner today, We were in wisconcin yesterday today in Claremont MN. Had to drive all night to get another rig in Mason city IA. I did not do a pre-trip inspection and drug a brand new 1" and quarter hose down the road about sixty miles. Thank god the blast nozzle did not get wrecked, I riuned a whole bunch of hose though. Again thanks for the pick me up.

·
Todd
848 Posts
the truck is perfect in everyway except the air...i bought the package with 120 or so hours from someone in town that i just assumed if i did not buy it they would just wind up selling it to someone in town that would be my competiton...the liftgate is a must and yes i had some help from an old customer but it was slid in with long forks and both of the doors open all the way up.i have not hooked the fuel to the trucks tank as i want to ad a old fuel heating oil tank inside and maybe carry ~100 gallons of red fuel so i do not have to buy the ultralow sulphur fuel at the pumps all the time...the compressor runs a little cooler on the low sulphur(red) fuel.the pump hose still reaches throught the side doors...if you want a deal on a isuzu npr look up ameri-truck sales in largo florida.they have the entire fleet from a company that was leasing them and they look to have 200-300 or so...it is what i was going to look at but fell in love the truck i got ...the last business i had i also had a frightliner and really liked it.if you strike a deal with them let me know we can hook up if you come in to town...they are right across the street from my shop.

pa sucks about the hose...**** aint cheap and i know your kids could use that cash instead of the suppliers...

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

Todd, Hose is cheap I have a huge supply of it. I was thinking a guy like you could use some of the older stuff I have. We run high psi and need to replace it way before its shot. I also have some other equipment you may like to have. I dont want you to feel like im pawning stuff on you but nobody really ever helped me out so I got thousands of feet of old hose, used dingers and other equipment you could use. Pay the shipping and you can have it.

·
Todd
848 Posts
paul ,i would always welcome stuff like that...i actually talked to a compressor guy and he is will to bring me out a few different diesel larger compressors for a test drive but i have no bigger hoses or nozzles to even make it worth my while...i will take what you got...call me when you free
727-656-5775.thanks todd

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

Todd call you sat. morning, I will put some boothe ideas on paper so I can cover all the small things we want fixed in our boothe. So you dont have to put up with my headaches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts