Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems getting welders on site this year. I'm a blaster, painter and foreman on site. I dont want to weld but I am thinking about going to school for it this winter. I watch you guys work and I respect your trade. I want to know why in this economy welders are so stretched out. I have worked alot of pipeline this year and the rumor is the gas companies made so much money last year that they are upgrading everything. Is this true?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am having trouble getting....(Insert trade type).... problems are usually solved by paying more and scheduling better, imohe. And would you truly want to dip a toe into the world of welding, codes, and endless debates about 7018's up a donkeys 6g with an asme in the all-positional anal [email protected]@ks. Welders tend to earn peanuts, start paying cashews, they will flock to you.( i'm supposed to be a welder). Although, maybe you like the idea of getting showered in hot gobbets of molten steel whilst going around dressed like a hobo-biker with head-gear fixations, whilst contorting yourself around inanimate steelwork. You sound like a superb sandblaster, why mess with a good thing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts