Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bidding a job that is all new cornerboards on the exterior. They are white Azack and need to be matched to the wood windows, soffets, and doorframes that were in good enough condition to warrant not replacing. The siding however, is solid latex stain clapboards that are in good shape and the homeowner does not want to paint them. So, to put two coats on the complete cornerboard, throughout the exterior, (INSIDE EDGE ADJACENT TO CLAPBOARDS__TRIM COLOR! NOT SIDING CLAP COLOR) do I really have to get a tiny llittle brush and tediously, carefully paint all those little triangles on each clapboards' edge, with a wet rag and five and one to whipe?? Or is there an easier way to do this??(carpenters should have painted them before installing them ofcourse) My bid was pretty high because I know of no time saving, aesthetically pleasing, rational method other than getting out a toothbrush, wet rag, and five-in-one. Someone please let me know if there is a more effective way to bust out these corner boards without having to seek a perfect color match to a weathered 5 year old solid stain and touch up every adjacent edge and hope it still is uniform afterward...... Maybe an aluminum sheet bent to the shape of 3-4 clapboard courses, so it would fig snug against the azack and allow a clean jam type system?? Please let me know

there are a couple of pics to show you if you still dont know what part of the trim I am talking about, and how the inside edge can't be taped throughout the home...

Attachments

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
From an aesthetic stand point I've never liked the way it looks when you fill in 'the triangles' on trim abuting lap siding. I like to spray up to the trim and then cut a straight line that runs down the outside corners of the siding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts