Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I landed a contract and am headed to Antarctica with the USAP and I will be painting there for the next 6 months. I'm leaving in about a week.

I've shut down my small shop for the winter because this was an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. I plan on starting up again where I left off next spring and have about a months work lined up already. My question is this...

How can I best leverage this experience into leads and sales when I return.

I've already recorded a message on my answering service explaining the situation and have posted letter on my website.
www . tulsapaintcontractor . com

I have also started a personal blog and plan on documenting this trip. If your interested that can be found at
www . martydukes . com/antarctica

What is the smartest way to use this experience to my advantage when I return?

·
Sean
5,534 Posts
http://tulsapaintcontractor.com/ & http://www.martydukes.com/antarctica/

What is the smartest way to use this experience to my advantage when I return?
As for experience learned - you might be able to paint all next winter while everyone is wondering how you did it. Is there a reason you don't have a blog for the business - you could add to it this winter & keep updating your main site as you go. By having it on your main site - that will help increase your traffic on your regular site

Do you offer a warranty on your work - if so you might want to include how you are handling any warranty work that may come up - or at least allude to the fact that all affected customers have been notified, warranties extended, etc...

Basically have a good time, keep it safe & I am sure we will be hearing from you more

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Call all your local newspapers and....

have them write articles about your departure. Put on your abonimable snow suit for pictures. Get the newspapers to write an artice about your return. Use a copu of all your newspaper articles in your advertising when you get back. Put a copy of the articles on the outside of a 3-ring folder when you give estimates. Take a lot of pictures and show them off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts