Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a project painting a kitchen, including the cabinets. I expect to spray the doors Friday in the customer's garage. I've got the plastic and paper for masking off a paint booth inside the garage. Now I'm trying to figure out a good system for arranging and supporting 36 doors and 9 drawers. Please post your best practices or links.

Thanks
Everend

·
K&B Plus...
242 Posts
Screw eyes with cable stretched between them and all of the dry cleaner's hangers that you can butcher is what my dad always used.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
For the doors, feed a wire or cable thru the pull holes (after 1st removing). And for the drawers, place them on 5 gal buckets for spraying out them out and this elevates them for all-around access. Which should work since you only have 9 you say. One detailed explanation found at http://www.referwork.com/projects/how_paint_kitchen_cabinets.htm

Hopefully the garage you are using, if you haven't done yet is heated and not detached.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for these ideas too.

Yea, heated by the Texas sun :). We actually had a cold front come in on the second day of the job, the temp dropped to 80 deg F.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts