Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that there is a perception that anyone can paint. We know that not everyone can paint well. Today I was thinking that it would be interesting to hear some examples of when painters go from merely applying fluids to the higher realm of artistically accomplishing complex aesthetic goals.

Perfect example would be cutting a crooked line straight....

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
We all know that there is a perception that anyone can paint. We know that not everyone can paint well. Today I was thinking that it would be interesting to hear some examples of when painters go from merely applying fluids to the higher realm of artistically accomplishing complex aesthetic goals.

Perfect example would be cutting a crooked line straight....
Metro, you must have read my post last night. If not it's mere coincedence.

A certain post last night got me thinking about just how much I appreciate my 2 painting contractors. It's so true that everyone thinks they can paint and they can. How the paint looks after it's applied separates the men, from the boys. (or HO's):laughing:

Painters are the last line of defense on all my jobs. They are ultimately the ones who clean up the mess others leave behind. Granite can't be installed without a few nicks in the wall, when installing a full length pantry cabinet we always nick the ceiling standing it up and placing it, filling nail holes in base, shoe, casing, etc.

This is a bit of a repeat of the sentiments I expressed last night, so sorry for the repeat.

But GC's really really do appreciate the efforts and talents that a good painter provide to us. You put the lipstick on the girl so to speak!

Thanks!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Metro, you must have read my post last night. If not it's mere coincedence.

A certain post last night got me thinking about just how much I appreciate my 2 painting contractors. It's so true that everyone thinks they can paint and they can. How the paint looks after it's applied separates the men, from the boys. (or HO's):laughing:

Painters are the last line of defense on all my jobs. They are ultimately the ones who clean up the mess others leave behind. Granite can't be installed without a few nicks in the wall, when installing a full length pantry cabinet we always nick the ceiling standing it up and placing it, filling nail holes in base, shoe, casing, etc.

This is a bit of a repeat of the sentiments I expressed last night, so sorry for the repeat.

But GC's really really do appreciate the efforts and talents that a good painter provide to us. You put the lipstick on the girl so to speak!

Thanks!
What the heck is going on here?!? Compliments to painters from other trades???

For all the sniping done from one trade to another, it's kinda nice to hear.

I just finished a job on a custom built home that the GC had "all the right people" from various trades. The finish carpentry was a work of craftsmanship; a real joy to finish. The electricians and plumbers came in to do their final installs and there was no damage or touch ups to really speak of. Let's face it; accidents do happen, some things are un-avoidable, but I wish every job over the last 27 years went as well as this.

·
paper hanger,painter
916 Posts
What the heck is going on here?!? Compliments to painters from other trades???:eek:

For all the sniping done from one trade to another, it's kinda nice to hear.:clap::thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts