Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I paint the walls where they meet the carpeted stairs without getting those ugly brush cut-in marks? I hate those stairs without a kick panel running along the sides and force myself every time to cut in. There has got to be an easier way, no?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tainted Brush said:
How can I paint the walls where they meet the carpeted stairs without getting those ugly brush cut-in marks? I hate those stairs without a kick panel running along the sides and force myself every time to cut in. There has got to be an easier way, no?
I don't really either, but if you need to you can tape them off. depending on the depth of the nap take some duct tape and wiggle an edge down as far as you can and press it down. You can pull the tape away from the wall and get a pretty clear shot at it..you don't have to get right to the bottom, the nop will rebound and cover....or take a taping knife and stick it straight down next to the wall and move the knife down and do it like that...wipe the blade off and keep going??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try pushing the carpet down with one hand and cutting with the other. Alot of times it will spring up and down depending on how delapidated it is.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tainted Brush said:
Should not be no (ugly brush cut in marks)as u say.Take duct tape and tape off carpeted area,push it down with your scraper to get below carpet line and then>run 2 strips of duct tape joining both sides of area so tape wont go back on fresh paint.let dry ,take off tape ,get paid,go drink margaritas. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
1 Posts
CertaPro Quality

Hello, Great place to stay up on news. I'm very happy and proud to be the owner of CertaPro Painters of Southern Michigan. We are very driven to complete customer satisfaction and keep very detailed records on that factor. My web simply enter CertaPro in any search site, has some great information and links to tons of helpful tools related to this industry. Thanks, Mike Jackson CertaPro Painters

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
And I got sucked in to see
what Leo had to say....:clap::laughing:
:stupid:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.