Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Anyone use menards brand?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Menards hasn't been in my area very long and I believe their name brand is Pittsburg paints. Pittsburg isn't a bad brand, they are owned by PPG and I know they attempting to grow and are in the process of buying out other brands. But I have no idea what Menards carries, usually the big box stores don't carry the same products that are available at retail paint stores.

The main thing I recommend for exteriors is sticking to a major brand and only using the top of the line in that brand.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
Menards hasn't been in my area very long and I believe their name brand is Pittsburg paints. Pittsburg isn't a bad brand, they are owned by PPG and I know they attempting to grow and are in the process of buying out other brands. But I have no idea what Menards carries, usually the big box stores don't carry the same products that are available at retail paint stores.

The main thing I recommend for exteriors is sticking to a major brand and only using the top of the line in that brand.
Pittsburg is a major brand. We have a Pittsburg store not far from my front door, maybe 10 minutes.

Menards also carries Dutch Boy.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Pittsburg is a major brand. We have a Pittsburg store not far from my front door, maybe 10 minutes.

Menards also carries Dutch Boy.
Ya that's what I was attempting to infer, PPG is no small player. They bought out what was once the top seller in my area, Porter paints until SW came around. Dutch Boy is owned by SW.

·
President
1,349 Posts
I am actually doing a test on thus myself...

My house is aluminum.. Hasn't ever been painted, fading/chalking BAD!

Pressure washed the area, with water only...

Then applied duration and emerald... White siding which after 40 yrs has taken on a grey tint...

Both paints are white.

Duration def covered better, both seem to be adhering well. Emerald has the sheen, both are full gloss..

Application:

Brush, duration has been on for 4 years emerald since last summer.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
Ya that's what I was attempting to infer, PPG is no small player. They bought out what was once the top seller in my area, Porter paints until SW came around. Dutch Boy is owned by SW.
Sorry, read it wrong. Just wanted to make sure the op knew it was a legit brand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts