Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been painting for about 2 1/2 years but have done mostly just interior repaints, and the only thing i have done extesivly as far as exteriors is using solid body stain on cedars. My actual exterior painting has been sorta limited allthough i have done some stuff. Just recently however I came across my first exterior that was in horrible condition peeling and cracking horribly all over the house. I spent over a week and a half straight just scraping and sanding ( and its only a 1300 sq ft home). Allthough i know that your supposed to sand and scrape everything il admit, i had to get it done and left a minimal amount of paint that was in bad shape beneath the lap siding and such. So my question is how long do you think my paintjob will last? IT is allmost 60 year old redwood siding. Just siding, the soffit and windows have both been replaced. I used Sherwin Williams A-100 Oil based primer (tinted) and 2 coats Of SW superpaint latex flat. The actual wood itself was in good shape, just the paint job was horrble it looked like people had just painted over peeling paint about 3 times and just dripped and sagged everywhere. Now The paintjob looks great, Im not worried about that, and i would say i did about 85% of the scrapeing and sanding i should have. I live in Illinois, any ideas on how long this might hold up?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
it is impossible to make such a prediction, to many variables, sun, shade, moisture content , overhangs, insulation, condensation. etc... etc.... welcome to ct

·
Super Moderator
24,114 Posts
Another 2008 thread:eek::rolleyes:

What is this resurrection night?:whistling:laughing:

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
17,732 Posts
Another 2008 thread:eek::rolleyes:
What is this resurrection night?:whistling:laughing:
That's some funny sh!t ! :whistling And I almost posted on it:laughing: