Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Living the Dream!
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some cabinets that I just finished and installed. The first two sets are in a board room at a local company in town. The last set are located in a work area for the secretaries of the President and VP.

About the only issue that I'm having is getting the appropriate door stop to work. I installed wood stop blocks to keep the doors flush with the face frame. But found out the users were swinging the doors from full open to full close with a one swing, and the doors were slamming shut and breaking the door stops. So, I'm going to install metal stops at the tops of the doors to stop them from rotating in.

Since these are inset doors, if you have a unique way you stop your doors from rotating inside the cabinet box, please post a picture.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,615 Posts
What he said.

I use a 13/16" thick stop, usually maple. 2 x 1 1/4 x 13/16 with a small 1/16" deep rabbet and a small bump.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Soft close hinges.

You can also drop your lid .625 and make it a top stop with a backer above. Similarly, if the doors are really tall you can do that top and bottom. A million ways to skin a cat... but I'd start with soft close hinges.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,093 Posts
About the only issue that I'm having is getting the appropriate door stop to work. I installed wood stop blocks to keep the doors flush with the face frame. But found out the users were swinging the doors from full open to full close with a one swing, and the doors were slamming shut and breaking the door stops.
I've never used a plain block as a stop - you break the stop or break the door, or both. I've used felt, little rubber pads, and full length stops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts