Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted my front door and for the most part I like the results. There are a few areas that appear blotchy if looked at from an angle. I posted a pic. Any ideas why this is?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It looks to me that the Proclassic was over worked. Over brushing the Proclassic can have that effect.
Solution, put on another coat of Proclassic and DO NOT over brush it. Put it on, brush it smooth and leave it alone, do not go back over it.
The paint will self level and dry smooth.

·
30 year novice
548 Posts
I agree with Ohio, it just looks over worked. Try putting a little extender in the paint if you're a novice, even if you're a pro it's hard to brush a panel door out without runs,sags or pull marks.

·
Super Moderator
11,330 Posts
It looks to me that the Proclassic was over worked. Over brushing the Proclassic can have that effect.
Solution, put on another coat of Proclassic and DO NOT over brush it. Put it on, brush it smooth and leave it alone, do not go back over it.
The paint will self level and dry smooth.
Ding ding ding! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You're welcome. If Proclassic is new to you then the extender can help, just be sure to keep an eye on it once finished and check for runs, drips etc. Very carefully go back and brush them out, which I think is the downside of extender.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts