Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a gal borrow my Binks to paint a big mural on the side of a building in down town Roanoke.

So her and art students set up scaffolding and start spraying away.

After about 3 hours of painting they decide to take a lunch break.

It was then somebody noticed the 150 plus cars in the lot behind them.:eek:

Poor gal, I should have said something about overspray.:rolleyes:

Bob

·
Professional Tradesman
307 Posts
Glasshousebltr said:
I had a gal borrow my Binks to paint a big mural on the side of a building in down town Roanoke.

So her and art students set up scaffolding and start spraying away.

After about 3 hours of painting they decide to take a lunch break.

It was then somebody noticed the 150 plus cars in the lot behind them.:eek:

Poor gal, I should have said something about overspray.:rolleyes:

Bob
Sounds like something I did in 1988, I was spraying Enducryl on the mansard roofs of KFC and the overspray carried about a half mile to a car dealership. about 30 cars had safety red sprinkles. lol

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I painted a building for my bro-in-law, commercial, airless sprayer. Day 2, all materials are on site so I drive my car. I park about 100 ft. away, there is very little breeze, and dive in. Go all day nonstop (this is a tradeout deal). When I approach the car to go home...my new Olds is covered in yellow specks.
The saving grace. The car was brand new! It had just been Teflon waxed, had the rubber treated and the windows had the GM equivilent of Rain-X on them. Still felt kind of ignorant overspraying my own new car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
paint stories

Oh My.....Maybe this is why i havent learnt to spray..lol This would have to be a painters worst nightmare. :(
And what happened after the fact, still waiting to hear the rest of the story.
Sherry

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Sherry, Thanks to all of the dealer prep (coatings) everything just slipped right off.
Are you blonde? Single?

·
Registered
48 Posts
paint stories

Geezem Sorry, was it something i said?
Are you blonde? Single?[/QUOTE]
well let see..... is this a find a date room? :eek: ( because it wasnt the last i looked) bring it on teeterbelt or what ever your name is

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The end to the first story wasn't good, court dates, school insurance got hit, she lost her job.

As for the thread up to this point, I think you missunderstood Teetor, you see we always inquire about hair color, in the heat of the day, on the job site, the lighter color hair obsorbs much less heat.

And as for single, it seems to work out that single people dedicate more time to the biz and become much more knowledgable.

So Sherry, sometimes things are not as they appear.

Oh yea, one more thing Sherry, so.........what are ya wearing?:cheesygri

Bob

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I want to apoligize to everyone for the statements made to Sherry should they be misconscrewed.
I was just wondering. I'm single again.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Teetor, sorry about you being single again - unless you wanted to be and in that case, congratulations!

sherry, what/where on earth is "TMT, ONTARIO"?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Teetbilt......Apology accepted ;) Things are ok haha. I shoulda known better.

Decks Ect....If you are from Ajax Ont. TMT would be Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory which is East Of Ajax In between the cities of Belleville and Kingston ok? P.S. I luv your logo. Well maybe not "luv"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts