Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K - time for me to move ahead...still use a brush and roller and never yet run a sprayer. :laughing:

Looking for some rec's on a low mid range ($$)airless setup as I have a couple cedar shake houses to deal with and just seems so much easier, taping and prep aside, to get 2 coats on.

SW has the Titan and I am sure there are many out there that are good but I am lost. At best I will do 4-5 houses in a year as I mainly install Hardi that's prefinished but if I can learn to spray well that could change as I pass on 10-15 jobs every year.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Look at a Graco 390, 395 or Titan 440i. Those would probably be considered mid range. The 390 serves me well for the amount of paint work I do. These may cost a little more than the box store models, but they will last longer and can be rebuilt. They will end up costing less in the long run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll take a look at the 390 - price point seems decent.
Dumb question but need to ask - when you said rebuilt does that mean this is something one deals with often?
Again - I am so far removed from adapting to a sprayer I feel like a old tart in grade school and some questions are prolly stupid as he!! to even be asking but ....:laughing:

Been using lots of SW paint over the years and loyal to not any certain type specifically - assume they all will spray equally well or is one more keyed to gun due to consistency, etc???

Thanks a load for help - new world to me

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
I am not a full time painter but do a similar amount of painting. Mostly trim, the occasional primer and ceiling job. I have a graco 395 and have been very pleased. Don't go to cheap or you might regret it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts