Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my guys spilled about 3/4 of a gallon of oil paint -color brown on the living room carpet of a high end house.

I had them grab the cat and rub him around in the paint and let him loose. That way then can blame the cat on the paint spill.

Worked out great, the homeowner apologized to us and i was able to bill for the spilled material.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
my guys spilled about 3/4 of a gallon of oil paint -color brown on the living room carpet of a high end house.

I had them grab the cat and rub him around in the paint and let him loose. That way then can blame the cat on the paint spill.

Worked out great, the homeowner apologized to us and i was able to bill for the spilled material.
Quick thinking on your part. :clap: You know you'll have to pay those guys some hush money.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

This is older then a cat has lives...heard it back in 1973...:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,806 Posts
Lets see what happens after the HO looks at the nanny cam hidden in the room....oops...........

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea, i was just joking. a little slow this morning.

I guarantee it would work if someone wants to try it.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,806 Posts
That is what you general liability insurance is for.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I know a painter that kicked a qt of stain onto a new white window drapery. He had his helper quickly take it down, soak it in a 5 gallon bucket of mineral spirits,toss it in the homeowners washer, then dried it in their dryer. They hung it back up like nothing happened before the homeowner returned. I heard about it after leaving that job. Was he right or wrong? It's one of those stories that I was glad I wasn't involved.
rj

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I know a painter that kicked a qt of stain onto a new white window drapery. He had his helper quickly take it down, soak it in a 5 gallon bucket of mineral spirits,toss it in the homeowners washer, then dried it in their dryer. They hung it back up like nothing happened before the homeowner returned. I heard about it after leaving that job. Was he right or wrong? It's one of those stories that I was glad I wasn't involved.
rj
at least he put it in the washer before putting it in the dryer :laughing:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts