Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a house to paint, the paint is peeling and curling off down to the bare wood. The info I recieved was that there was vinyl siding taken off then painted imediatly without letting it dry or prep it. What is the best way to prep this for painting its a nice house and needs to look good. I was thinking pressure wash, sand blast, paint remover, or hand scrap. please help.

·
"Buy Quality, Cry Once"
726 Posts
Pressure washing onto bare wood isn't a good idea..paticularly if there's alot of bare wood. Sand blasting can also damage the wood. Years ago I ran across a similar situation. I used an electric burner and burned the paint off. Then sanded the edges that were left. I had 4 30' indented columns that had to be compleately burnt off, scraped, and sanded. This was in Buena Vista...a very nice neighborhood. The paint job looked great. Where in NC are you located I'm in Winston. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fayetteville, NC

donb1959 said:
Pressure washing onto bare wood isn't a good idea..paticularly if there's alot of bare wood. Sand blasting can also damage the wood. Years ago I ran across a similar situation. I used an electric burner and burned the paint off. Then sanded the edges that were left. I had 4 30' indented columns that had to be compleately burnt off, scraped, and sanded. This was in Buena Vista...a very nice neighborhood. The paint job looked great. Where in NC are you located I'm in Winston. Good luck.
Im thinking of turning the job down. I think I underbid. This is more than my experience can or wants to handle. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts