Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
31,370 Posts
Is the paint going to be drenched with each shower?

I have installed a lot of crown molding in bathrooms and it usually extends around the ceiling where the shower is. I use exterior paint. It gets mist on it and humidity but doesn't get soaked. I would think exterior paint you would use for a house would take it.
I've never had a call back about problems.

What kind of liner are you talking about?

·
Radical Basement Dweller
31,370 Posts
Can you trim the window with PVC? Either that or install the sill with a downward slant. I still think exterior paint would be okay. It does okay on structures that get mother-nature's wrath.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Is the tile returning into the window?

We have quite a few windows and shower areas here in Florida. Normally there is a 3 1/2 inch return but two aluminum frame. With a marble sill. Everything is clocked watertight.

In your case all's I can say is top-of-the-line cock top-of-the-line oil paint. Good luck

·
Remodeler
855 Posts
Big Shoe said:
Is the tile returning into the window? We have quite a few windows and shower areas here in Florida. Normally there is a 3 1/2 inch return but two aluminum frame. With a marble sill. Everything is clocked watertight. In your case all's I can say is top-of-the-line cock top-of-the-line oil paint. Good luck
I always give the top o the line cock!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts