Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Doer of Many Things!!!
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a local school asking me about a carpet tile with a peel n' stick padded back. The backing is a thick black foam and puts the tile at approximately 3/8" thick. The the backing has a peel off membrane and when it sticks it has a very tenacious hold. I've never seen the product before and I don't know where to even start looking. Has anyone seen this product before and know what company makes it? He also told me he thought these tiles came 36" X 36". He's fairly insistent on this product. They are using it on a set of sound stages.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Carpe Diem
20,716 Posts
I have a local school asking me about a carpet tile with a peel n' stick padded back. The backing is a thick black foam and puts the tile at approximately 3/8" thick. The the backing has a peel off membrane and when it sticks it has a very tenacious hold. I've never seen the product before and I don't know where to even start looking. Has anyone seen this product before and know what company makes it? He also told me he thought these tiles came 36" X 36". He's fairly insistent on this product. They are using it on a set of sound stages.

Any input is appreciated.
Not that this is much help but if you lookup a Menards location, call and ask for their flooring department, I know they carry exactly what you're looking for. While there's no Menards around you, they might be able to tell you the brand or where else to find it. I see them usually on sale for about $.99 sq ft.

Good luck

·
Registered
416 Posts
Take-up is a B****

Don't know the exact product, but rubber-backed carpet is something I try to avoid. If you ever have to take it up the rubber usually comes off in little pieces, so they should be prepared to pay for a lot of scrapping if it is ever changed. From what I've heard, I don't think much of the performance, either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts