Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been loving my 9515 Adjust to Fit Oxylight Framer belt system. However, the other day one of the factory installed suspender attachment points failed. The thin clip they rivet into the belt is too malleable and after constant back and forth while wearing suspenders it cracked.

Has anyone else had this issue? Did Oxy warranty it?

I sent in an e-mail today, awaiting a response this week.

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got a response today, there offering to fix it at their shop or send me parts with a copper rivet I can install myself.

Since the last set of pouches I had were on there very last leg, I need them!

I doubt I could get them back over the weekend... So Ill have to go with the DIY fix.

Glad to see their customer service is as great as I have heard about though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Boda said:
So I have been loving my 9515 Adjust to Fit Oxylight Framer belt system. However, the other day one of the factory installed suspender attachment points failed. The thin clip they rivet into the belt is too malleable and after constant back and forth while wearing suspenders it cracked. Has anyone else had this issue? Did Oxy warranty it? I sent in an e-mail today, awaiting a response this week.
how old is your set? I have the same belt but it's still holding up! Should I be worried!? Live in Sweden so it probably isn't a easy fix for me if it happened.

·
Registered
588 Posts
They sell those D rings separately so you can add suspenders to any belt. Anyone that wears a tool belt should have no problem figuring out how to install them.

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how old is your set? I have the same belt but it's still holding up! Should I be worried!? Live in Sweden so it probably isn't a easy fix for me if it happened.
8 months old. The service rep said 1 in 500,000 have a chance of failure, they are made by an outside source for Oxy.

·
Carpenter
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They sell those D rings separately so you can add suspenders to any belt. Anyone that wears a tool belt should have no problem figuring out how to install them.
Of course I could come up with a solution I'm a freaking carpenter, did you think I hung up the pouched because it broke? Of course not I grabbed a loop and D ring that came with the suspenders and slipped it on there temporarily. It gets me by but its not ideal, like the factory installed attachment point which is riveted into the belt.

That's not the point though is it. Its a high end product I paid good money for and any defects should be resolved by the manufacturer, which they are, so all is well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Boda said:
Of course I could come up with a solution I'm a freaking carpenter, did you think I hung up the pouched because it broke? Of course not I grabbed a loop and D ring that came with the suspenders and slipped it on there temporarily. It gets me by but its not ideal, like the factory installed attachment point which is riveted into the belt. That's not the point though is it. Its a high end product I paid good money for and any defects should be resolved by the manufacturer, which they are, so all is well.
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts