Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I sit here waiting to be served with turkey, I thought it might be a good time to make a long overdue introduction. I'm not new to CT, but have been a lurker for a few years while keeping pretty quiet. Up until this past September I was a self employed residential remodeling contractor, mostly specializing in interior finish work. I did a lot of kitchen and bathroom remodels as a GC, as well as finish work as a sub on occasion. In September I took a job in Kansas City Mo that was offered by an old family friend and moved my family down there from Iowa. The company that pays my bills is a big commercial roofing outfit, but I was hired by the owner to partner up with another guy and build his new 10,000 sq ft ICF home.:whistling We will be doing as many of the trades as possible as well as GCing the project. Once the house is finished, we will be expanding his roofing business to include general contracting with an emphasis on ICF homes and energy efficient homes. There's a lot of fun days ahead, and lots to learn. I'm looking forward to it! I'll get a post going with pictures of the progress and I'll post the plans too. I'm sure I'll be looking for a lot advice in the days ahead.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts