Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Electrical Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just wanted to see what some of would have for ideas for what I am trying to do.

I am looking for a light to illuminate a sign on a building. I like the look of gooseneck but the only ones I have seen and installed require an ocatgon. I only have wires comeing out the wall so i need something that has a built in junction box.

Does anyone know if they make a gooseneck with a build in junction box or some other type of light that would work in this situation.

·
Electrical Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a picture of some gooesnecks
http://www.hooksandlattice.com/gooseneck-sign-lights.html

I am assumeing a 4/0 bell box is a weatherproof octagon, i have thought of that but i beleive the ones i have installed before sat right against the wall and wasn't sure how well they would sit just on a octagon without the support of the wall with it. I will have to look into that option again/

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Here is a picture of some gooesnecks
http://www.hooksandlattice.com/gooseneck-sign-lights.html

I am assumeing a 4/0 bell box is a weatherproof octagon, i have thought of that but i beleive the ones i have installed before sat right against the wall and wasn't sure how well they would sit just on a octagon without the support of the wall with it. I will have to look into that option again/

The lights on the dennys in your link appear to be mounted to a weatherproof octagon/ 4/O Bell box.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Use a 3" pancake box. The canopy on the gooseneck light fixture will cover it right up. Seal the canopy cover with some caulk. Finished.

Da-dah.
X2 or you can mount the gooseneck to a round weather tight box. If you looking for the flush look just recess the outdoor box into the wall if need be. Either box will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.