Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On an outside bullnose corner plinth like this one, can the base be lower than the overall height of the plinth and just die into it, or is the intention to use a base detail that matches the corner plinth exactly? And if the later is the case, why not just miter the outside corner, Thanks, GMOD.

http://

Just realized the bullnose gives you an inside corner that conforms to the wall, these outside corners are also made with sq insides for sq outside corners, so the question applies to that application. G

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
On an outside bullnose corner plinth like this one, can the base be lower than the overall height of the plinth and just die into it, or is the intention to use a base detail that matches the corner plinth exactly? And if the later is the case, why not just miter the outside corner, Thanks, GMOD.

The base dies into it.
Like corner blocks on fluted casings. :thumbsup:

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Seems like every picture he posts he has found another interesting way to get stoned.:laughing:

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Is the material of the plinth the same thickness of the base?

Is the profiled top of the plinth returned to the wall?

I would think the plinth should stand alone with the base butting to it.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the material of the plinth the same thickness of the base?

Is the profiled top of the plinth returned to the wall?

I would think the plinth should stand alone with the base butting to it.

Thanks Guys, Yea just started to really get into the concrete about 4 years ago, goes great with wood:thumbsup:, yes to both those questions NY. The detail on top of the plinth is about 1-1/4" tall, My concrete base is 4" the outside corner plinth is 5-1/4" overall. Thickness is about 7/8" on each, should work out, thanks again, G

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is the application i used them for, did not feel like making outside concrete corners, so here is what i ended up with, GMOD

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Cool!
Whatever happened with the
stair treads in the conservatory?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool!
Whatever happened with the
stair treads in the conservatory?

They came out great, paid in full, on the list to get back and photograph. When i did the install the project still had another few months to go till completion. So i planned on going back to photograph in a finished enviroment, that was 9 months ago:whistling, GMOD

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
They came out great, paid in full, on the list to get back and photograph. When i did the install the project still had another few months to go till completion. So i planned on going back to photograph in a finished enviroment, that was 9 months ago:whistling, GMOD
Time doth fly...:laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts