Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used an outdoor 15 Amp thermal switch to disable an outdoor pump in freezing conditions? This seems like a simple solution when pumping isn't required year round and failure only causes temporary outdoor flooding.

I'm searching for the right part, but I can not find a switch that I can set below 40º. I'd like to set it at 25º (above ground air temp) because the pump is near (but not below) the frost line.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
They have programmable and fixed temp detectors for the security industry. Or use a thermostat.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
This might be what you need:

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...rollers-ft_thermostats_durostat;pgcr2095.html

I would think you need a programable thermostat that works for air conditioning. The trick is to have it turn on when hte temp reaches a set point, which in your case is a bit above freezing. The site has a lot of similar units. I've been using one of their electronic cycle timers on my aerobic system for about tree years, & it has been excellent. If you think about it, the products they sell are for one of the toughest enviroments you can find......livestock/poultry/greenhouse use.
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts