Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool...

what's with the funky decking?
The decking is Cedar, owner had a few boards left over ( gray) and I purchased several new ones.

When the roof was installed several Sona tubes had to be dug around the house and the outer portion of the old deck, whoever did it was not very kind and several boards were trashed and needed to be replaced
, I also removed a set of stairs and patched that portion of decking in .

The deck will now be power washed and repainted.

·
90%-er
1,260 Posts
The decking is Cedar, owner had a few boards left over ( gray) and I purchased several new ones.

When the roof was installed several Sona tubes had to be dug around the house and the outer portion of the old deck, whoever did it was not very kind and several boards were trashed and needed to be replaced
, I also removed a set of stairs and patched that portion of decking in .

The deck will now be power washed and repainted.
That's good! That kitchen is gorgeous, but that decking is wrecking your pics!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree it would have been nice to paint the decking before the kitchen went in, But due to a graduation party that was not possible.

·
90%-er
1,260 Posts
I agree it would have been nice to paint the decking before the kitchen went in, But due to a graduation party that was not possible.
Yah, you do what you can, eh?

But still a damn shame to be see fine craftsmanship next to a hodgepodge that you didn't really have anything to do with. Good work sir. Wish I lived in a climate that justified spending on an outdoor kitchen. Up here it would be "grand opening" followed by "grand closing" four months later!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least the work is done On a sound platform, the painting part in my opinion is just window dressing, I corrected all the structural issues and that’s the most important part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts