Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can osi be used in cold weather (30-20 degrees). If anybody has any input please post... Everything I have read says it can but I would like a little input from someone who was used it before in the cold weather.

·
WOOD TICK
33 Posts
yep Ive used it down to -10. leave it in the truck for a while and it is fine. only takes a 15 minutes outside and it acts like it is hardend silicone though. When weather warms up it seems to have worked as advertised.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Works fine, pumps hard. Like has been said get it warm before use. I set box on an electric radiant heater in the trailer to warm up, takes an hour or so when very cold. To keep it warm while in use stick your gun in a pair of old socks with holes in the toes along with a couple hand warmers. No need if you're going to empty the tube quickly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A few weeks ago I had a homeowner that was worried the caulking (OSI Quad) we were using would not hold up because it was to cold. It was in the 20's. He did not take my word for it and called OSI direct. They told him they do not recommend it be used lower then 10 degrees. The main reason for the 10 degree temp was the air is so dry and cold at that temp. With the 7-9 day cure time OSI has, it would take much longer to cure. That being said, we use it all year round in MN and never had an issue. We just keep the tubes in the shop at night and keep them in the truck cab until we need them on the job site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts