Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hey-at least there was a guy on a water hose keeping the dust down. Can't be having a silica problem now, can we?

(at about 2 min. into the video, once the piece he cuts falls away)

Reactions: marcsmith

·
Registered
242 Posts
All I saw was a willing participant at getting the task done. My hats off. I wouldn't do it but I think it should be allowed. We need a natural thinning of the heard, if its your time its your time. We spend too much time with "what if" in this country.

·
Kowboy
2,465 Posts
My wife is a Certified Safety Professional with decades of construction experience. She flipped when I played the video.

·
Registered
582 Posts
All I saw was a willing participant at getting the task done. My hats off. I wouldn't do it but I think it should be allowed. We need a natural thinning of the heard, if its your time its your time. We spend too much time with "what if" in this country.
Amen to that.

Last week, I saw a kid - about two years old - riding on a little trike that you push with your own feet and the kid had this huge plastic helmet on.

My gosh, if we did that when I was a kid, we would have ended up stuffed upside down in a trashcan somewhere WITHOUT the helmet.

We do spend way too much time with the "what ifs" in this country.

PS. On a related note, can someone please explain to me what they *intended* to have happen here:

Because that video looks like the worker was on a suicide mission. The worker died, btw.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts