Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
It might be a regional thing or mis-information but I think that the 10Hr course is being discontinued. 30hr will be the min. standard.

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
I honestly don't know if the 10 is being phased out....I have a 30 hr.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have my OSHA 10 and plan to take the 30 this summer when school is out. I can take the 30 for free through my local union. I beleive the 30 hour is becoming the standard requirement more often.

·
Safety Saves You
128 Posts
Missouri HB 1549 is mandadting the 10 hr course. We provide both the 10 and 30 and we fill classes each every week. The bill here isn't just for safety, but to help negate illegal immigrants working on municipalities...

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
The bill here isn't just for safety, but to help negate illegal immigrants working on municipalities...

....and as a cost saving measure for contractors in the form of lower insurance premiums/minimized claim pay outs.

ie, "He should have known not to remove the saw guard - he took the OSHA class".
Claim: DENIED

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Missouri HB 1549 is mandadting the 10 hr course. We provide both the 10 and 30 and we fill classes each every week. The bill here isn't just for safety, but to help negate illegal immigrants working on municipalities...

Do you have a link for info on the 30hr course ?

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Very good Celtic... I'm impressed... you've been listening ... oh yeah... GO Cardinals! Heh heh...

When I'm not goofing off...
I'm a pretty sharp tool....
but mostly I'm goofing off ....
so I'm just a tool...
oh....Yankees SWEEP the Series!
:thumbsup:

·
Safety Saves You
128 Posts
MajicPoolSvcs:
Glad to help you out how many employees do you need trained. I'll fly our best guy to you if you have at least 9 needing the training.

Give me a call...
OFFICE: 1-636-532-2999 ask for Drew, Ty, or Jim. Jim would be the one we would have do your training.
Email Link - 30 hour Training
Site Link - 30 Hour Training - Safety Programs, Manuals, Coordinators, 300 Logs, Huddle Talks...you know...blah blah blah

1 - 18 of 18 Posts