Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a blacksmith with 22 years in the ornamental iron business. For 7 years I ran my own shop, then family issues (money) forced me to close and go into the power generating industry. 5 years have past and both the kids are in school so now i am looking at re-opening the old shop. For 3 months now I have tried to track down old contacts and clients with little success. Most are either out of business or having a very slow time right now. I am relatively new to the internet and looking for new venues for my work.

I am a traditionaly trained blacksmith, and have worked in a living history museum for 2 years. I have done many restorations on historic ironwork and made quite a few reproduction pieces. I have studied under, and worked as a sculptor producing modern styled ironwork, sculpture, and furnature. I am a certified welder ,journeyman toolmaker, and journeyman millwright. My shop is well equiped for most any forging job that may come along as well as any fabricating or machining job. What I do not have is any work to do in said shop. After three months the coffers are running low and I fear I may have to go back to rebuilding turbines.

Anybody out there need any ironwork done? I don't have a website yet but have a page on MySpace for the business it is under Louisville Architectural Metals

Call Jason at 502-298-2897, e-mail at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
WOW Nice work!

You are obviously very skillful. I suggest that you post an introduction--
Then post some of your work under Historic Restorations

You will probably meet more potential customers that way than here.

There are many on this site that deal with your kind of customer.

Please post some pictures and talk about your jobs. Do not make it sound like an add-that would not fly around here. Best luck --MIKE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts