Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Contractor
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A search revealed some older threads circa 2012 and before...any new options for a less expensive Fein MM blade? My local tool store sells loose blades for ~$10/each and I picked up a cool 3 pack w/ safety glasses for $24, but need some additional flush cut's and a few bi-metal blades would be nice.

The Oshlun 10 pack on Amazon is $40.78 but I'm wondering if you get what you pay for :whistling

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Kent Blades, I use the bi-metal ones. They are about $5.50 a blade in a pack of 10 after shipping.

·
I'm The BOSS
1,904 Posts
I say, who ever you find online.

buy a sample pack , maybe 5 blades and give them your own test.

Not trying to be Bob villa , but never plunge straight in and always have an edge of the blade out of the cut to allow for the saw dust to escape. blades won't over hear and they'll last longer

try these , not bad MULTIFITBLADES.COM

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Bosch and Fein last the longest for me. I got some "Exchange-a-Blades" from local lumber yard and they didn't last more than a few minutes, same as most generic blades I've tried.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dremal blades have got to be the worst. And the Dremel multi tool is equally bad.

However, for what it's worth my sonic crafter from lowes is still getting it done. I thought for sure that time I cut that brick mold in for a set of French doors on a real log cabin would toast it.

I went through some blades but took my time with it, and it turned out well.

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
I prefer Fein blades, but the Bosch blades are good too. I usually get my blades from Amazon Tools. Great prices, although they can take 7-10 days to arrive, but usually get free shipping.

I'm going to try the blades from multiblades.com.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts