Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to the NWFA technical school this Oct in St Louis.

I'm taking the expert level classes for install and sand and finish but they have classes that start all the way from beginners.

A little late to be asking now but anyone here gone to these classes and found them useful?

·
Registered
86 Posts
ive been to there install,sand &finish school, also there advanced installation school.well worth the money. the first school is a basic to intermediate intro to the flooring buisness.the advanced school is very,very good.the teachers that are at these schools(especially the advanced)are the best of the best.keep me posted when your going or have any more questions. justin

·
Registered
375 Posts
Never wanted to spend the money or the time. That said, I really think it is a great idea to do it, if you have the time and money. You'll be glad you did. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going Oct 4th thru the 12th.

Hate taking the time off work, but everything I've learned to do I learned on the job. I want to fine tune my skills and add whatever else I can to them.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Grainy, I forgot if you run your own business or not. But if you do, you can deduct the classes as education expense at the end of the year.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would like to go to learn more about inlays. Think I check for a place near me. Would like to go to St. Louis, but I'm about 2000 miles away. :cheesygri

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Donedat said:
I would like to go to learn more about inlays. Think I check for a place near me. Would like to go to St. Louis, but I'm about 2000 miles away. :cheesygri

Where do you live Donedat? I live in CA around San Francisco. The distance is an issue. I think the NWFA also offers classes in Las Vegas sometimes. Their website has all the upcoming dates for the year. This year is almost over but next year will be coming soon (already :eek: ).

I just wanted to get the whole thing over with in one trip so I'm taking all the expert classes at once. Kind of regretting it now given all the jobs I've had to turn down, but everything is a trade off.

Yeah, I can take the expense as a write off. Sure wish I could take the lost work as a write off too. Trouble with being in business for yourself; it really bites to take time off work.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm in the Seattle area. They did one up here a few years ago. I didn't have time to go then. I was running a crew and couldn't take of. Either I'm to busy to go and can't take off, or not busy enough to be able to afford to go. Never a middle ground. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts