Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be installing about 4000sf of laminate on the basement level of one of my buildings soon. The old floor was damaged due to a flat roof leaking in a recent thunder storm and now I have the pleasure of replacing it!

I removed the old stuff which was a cheap Tarkett product. It was difficult to work so I'm hoping to find a superior product at a decent price.

One of my local flooring suppliers is pushing Columbia Traditional Clicette, which is one of their lower end lines. They are willing to sell it to us for just over cost so I am looking for opinions on the product in general. How well does it install? The salesman claims "ALL" of the flooring contractors prefer Columbia to their other brands, hands down . Also, how is the longevity /wear of the product?

Thanks!

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
I've installed literally tons of it. Made for Columbia by Quickstep if iirc. Very user friendly unilin lock so it goes together great, in either direction. It is a typical low pressure laminate so it will hold up to wear and moisture about the same as all of them will.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear. The salesman said all of the things that you'd expect him to say, unfortunately I have zero experience with Columbia.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For a quick install on laminate get a product that has a lay flat locking t & g , you won't have to tap flooring at all to secure it to the next plank thus taking the broken edges out of the equation

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Any issues with the edges breaking while installing?
No, not if you're doing it right ;) The Unilin locking system is the easiest one on the market to install by a mile. The only way it would be easier is if the end joints were an overlap, but that's typically reserved for 12mm product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts