Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a slight problem here. A few programs that I have loaded onto my pc, for some reason, when I open them, they are positioned way out of center on my screen. Meaning, to see the minimize, maximize, and X buttons, I have to click and drag the window over to fit the screen. I will try to do a screen capture and attach a pic below.
Anybody got any ideas as to why they do this, and how to fix it? And I don't want to uninstall/reinstall, as one of the programs is my customer management database, and I don't want to have to reload all that info.

I can obviously live with it, but its getting damn irritating!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mind if I call anyone on that list? :) Just kidding.

I don't have any idea why they'd be opening up like that, but if you double click on the title bar of the window it'll maximize it for ya.

Kevin

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
My QBCM does the same on occasion
I maximize from the lower taskbar (right click for options) then close then reopen
I have to do this a number of times in combo with some dragging to get it to straighten out

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
this is just a guess but...

Try changing your screen resolution and then changing it back... if it's as simple as that I will be surprised.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
Maybe drag the left side to the right, top down, bottom up, right to the left...effectively making the window smaller than the monitor display. Then drag everything out to the sides as far as you can making it LOOK maximized when it's really in "restore" state. Close it, open it, see if it opens like it did before or in the "new" restore state.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Humble prolly right I hope but check this article if you feel lonely.

PC World article

EDIT: "Save window position" is usually a function of the application rather than Windows.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ProWallGuy said:
Kevin, thanks for the heads up on that. Feel free to call them, and let them know where you got their info from. I'm sure they will be thrilled :cheesygri
Nothing personal, but I blocked it all out now.
Wasn't very smart of me to post that kind of info on the net.

:Thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts