Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the reviews on this website about online lead companies. Just wondering if there are any that you would recommend? I am just starting out and was considering setting up a small budget with one of them. Thank you

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have used Service Magic. 15 leads no jobs. At $50 a pop I would not care if I landed a job but so far nothing. I actually only walked through 4 doors and wrote 2 estimates. Most people go to the internet looking for cheap or cheaper than they already have. 8 of the leads were incorrect phone numbers, email addresses or just no response at all. They are somewhat good at providing refunds so overall I only blew through about $300. Maybe I get one of the 2 jobs, you never know. Most others are the same or worse I've heard.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hello, Bfitz~

We currently use a couple of the online lead generating companies. BE cautious and always monitor your spend target/ budget, because once these people have your credit card, they have a knack of hitting it at will.

Start small, closely monitor your lead intake, and if you're able to get an some quick return on your investment, keep playing it by ear.

As much as I and the majority of people bash these companies, I am guilty of still using a couple of them because even though you do get a bogus lead on occasion, and more often then some, we have personally generated a good "roi" on the services of those we still utilize.

Good Luck~

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts
Your best bet is to build a website, optimize it and generate your own own leads.

Far more effective.

We use Service Magic, not bad, but we get more bang for the buck with Google Ad Words

·
Registered
57 Posts
Service Magic just yesterday one lead no call back for 24 hrs now. $50 wasted, good question????? Today wrong number provided?? Maybe email the loser. $100 bucks, just lost my weekend dining money. :censored::sad::furious:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wrong Number

bfitz - We do credit for leads that have the wrong number.

Builtmany - I sent you a PM this morning offering to review your account with you and see how I can assist. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Shawn
[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
refund from service magic

Can you get a refund on the wrong number?
Funny subject......
They did not want to refund anything when it came to
wrong numbers, even if customers wont answer the phone
they still charged me.

Guess what.....???:censored:

I told them to hit the road!:scooter:
Yes be careful, keep your budget low and a tight reign
on the spending controls with any referral company.

Anyone know the ins and outs of Adwords ( google)?????

·
Registered
57 Posts
Funny subject......
they still charged me.

Agreed. I also spend 1 hour per week requesting refunds. Some get charged back when the customer decides to finally answer for them. What BS.

·
Registered
57 Posts
bfitz - We do credit for leads that have the wrong number.

Builtmany - I sent you a PM this morning offering to review your account with you and see how I can assist. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Shawn
[email protected]
I spoke to my designated rep just last week and agreed to put my leads back on because they were off. I can't imagine what else you can tell me that's BS to earn my business. Fact is your service blows. It's just a big scam/ money maker for the people involved besides the poor contractors.

Oh, I was told from the start refunds may not be given if I don't actually meet a customer or speak with them. I did not like that. Then I was told it happens "I'm not going to lie." Next I said how often? Answer from SM "10% of the time" making 90% of the leads good or solid. What BS 80-90% of my leads are a waste.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The [email protected]$d up thing is that they know once you sign up they have you hooked for a while.
It gets to be like you are sitting at a roulette table or a slot machine.
You keep telling yourself.... The next one will be the one.

F em.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Funny subject......
they still charged me.

It's not too hard. Just get an account, set a limit and fill in the blanks. It's best to use 'long tail keyword phrases' and target the client you want instead of randon generic keywords.
At least you control your costs up front.

And no matter what route you go, there are plenty of 'groups' out there that get paid to click these adword ads so the site owners can get their share.
Might want to keep the content networks option turned off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Builtmany – without looking at your account, I can only assume the $300 invested, that you mentioned, is about 6 leads. You met with 4 homeowners and wrote 2 estimates. Depending on the size of the projects, it seems like the potential for a good ROI is there.

I’d like to have an opportunity to speak to you and help customize your account that fits your company’s needs. We also have several ways for you to submit for credits without it taking an hour a week and I can help with that as well. The offer is still there if you’d like to take me up on it.

Thanks,

Shawn
[email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know of a site that lets you review the project before you pay. The cost is only $4.95 and you can see the bids.:eek: On top of that they let you lower your "bid" if needed to remain competeitive. I'm not sure if i can mention the name of the site on here, have not read the rules yet... I've been in business a long :censored: time and have never seen anything like it. We have been telling our clients to post their projects on there so we can have a better idea of where we stand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts