Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an opinion on the online distance learning programs for the different trades? There's one program in particular that I am considering that is run by Thompson Education (http://www.educationdirect.com/remodeling/index.html) for home remodeling and repair. If anyone has any information on this or any other programs that are out there, please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not Spam

I'm just a newbie looking for information that anyone that participates on this forum may have had with any distance learning courses. That's all. I gave the link as an example of what I'm asking about. I posted twice because I figured that I'd have a better chance of getting a response. Sorry, won't happen again. I am not trying to advertise anything, I don't even know anything about the company whose link I posted, I was wondering if anyone else did.

Sorry again. :eek:

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
A word of advice andrew, there's no need to post anything twice here. People will get annoyed at taking the time to look at a new post and then finding out it's a duplicate. Once most people have been here awhile they check all new posts on a semi-regular basis.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it...

DecksEtc said:
A word of advice andrew, there's no need to post anything twice here. People will get annoyed at taking the time to look at a new post and then finding out it's a duplicate. Once most people have been here awhile they check all new posts on a semi-regular basis.
Yeah, believe me, I won't make that mistake again. I certainly didn't intend on pi$$ing anyone off. :eek:

This is a great forum, and I hope this faux-pas doesn't give the wrong impression of me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Don't have any info on the company you asked about Andrew, but I do have experience with Certainteed's online education & certification programs. I've completed all they have available in the trades we do and also insist on my people doing the same. I think it adds credibility when you're pitching a homeowner on vinyl siding, composite decking, insulation etc, if you can tell them that you and your leadmen have completed the training and have the certificates to back it up. They also give you a free listing on their site thru the contractor locator function. In addition once you have completed the training it gives you access to their digital marketing library, where you can download customizable print ads and web ready images. They are all professionally done and it saves the contractor the design and layout costs. In addition you become eligible for their rewards programs, based upon your annual sales of their products you can earn things like jackets and shirts up to vacation packages. Best part about the whole deal is it absolutlely free, always my favorite price!! ;)

Here's a link if you or anyone else here would be interested. Certainteed Master Craftsman Courses

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would like to add that I have gotten 9 different jobs from being on Certainteeds website. That program is gold.

2b2s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts