Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to list some tools & equipment for sale as well as buy some things.

Does anyone know of or use any online classified ads such as craigslist except it's specialized for construction industry? If so, please give me the link, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Big R

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,509 Posts
I use CL to sell tools. It's a pain in the a$$, all the lowballers and spams:no: I have a E-mail addy just for that crap:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Cl is a pain but if you weed out all the bs you can get your prices,eBay is good for small stuff but there fees cut in your pocket quick, I usually sell on Craigslist all my used stuff but I don't take the low offers so stuff sits around!
I did pretty good last time posting a add on Craigslist for a garage sale geared towards tools, good turnout and sold mostly all my crap

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I've had good luck with CL, when I have a bunch of similar items to sell (Like tools) by advertising as a contractor garage sale at my shop. Start the ad on a friday afternoon, with pictures and descriptions, and say prices are firm until noon Sat, at which point I'll be ready to negotiate pricing.

I do this about once a year to clear out all the misc materials that seem to accumulate, and liquidate extra tools.

·
carpenter jr
994 Posts
Another vote for craigslist. Its the best, worst place ever to sell tools. I have bought and sold ALOT of things on there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts