Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Money Changer
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my balance and fell on a galv 6 x 6 post anchor bracket. Hit the sharp corner. I knew I couldn't fix it when I saw the tendon. Day ended at 1:30. :rolleyes:

The upside is I didn't hit the tendon or artery and was in and out of the ER in 1 hour :clap:

·
ampman
783 Posts
i can think of other ways to shorten my day - sex,hunting,fishing,sleeping,playing but glad its not as bad as first thought

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
RUB SOME F'N DIRT ON IT AND GET BACK IN THE GAME!:eek:

You wouldn't have played for my highschool football defensive coach!:no:

Seriously dude glad your ok:thumbsup:

I now just iced my fingur out of sympathy pains!:shutup:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,690 Posts
Why would this shorten your day? All it would do is require you to work and hour longer to make up for the time you spent at the hospital.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have found that with an open wound alcohol always helps. If that was me I would be heading for the tequila, a splash on the finger and 6 shots and the pain will melt away

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Tis but a flesh wound! That is why God gave you two of most things, in case one broke. Superglue it up and get back to work! Your mama ain't here for you boy!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
That's what I was headed for but when I opened my hand and saw all the white fibers I knew I didn't have the right tools on my trailer to fix it :w00t:
Hammer stapler, and then duct tape....must be a rookie!:laughing:

I always think, it could have been worse.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Shot myself in the heel (thru the cuff of my jeans no less ) while coming off some tiered staging . It didn't hurt when I yanked it out and kept working . It wasn't healing after three days so I finally went to doctor . They found a piece of wire that held the nails together buried in there . Being macho isn't all it's cracked up to be . The lesson learned was keep your finger off the trigger unless you have a target dumb*** .

·
Money Changer
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Never expected sympathy here :no:

Hey, my post beats a 'How much' question.

Just trying to break up the monotony. I was more concerned about the tendon. Had a friend who nicked his and then went fishing, got an infection in the sheath and now can't extend it past 90 deg.

And FYI, I did return to the site later and went back to work on Tues morning :tt2:

·
Registered
101 Posts
when i was sixteen i was just learning to frame. triped on some ice with 4 2*10*12 on my shoulder and they hit me in the head and opened me up pretty good. heads bleed like crazy! anyway boss drove me to ER, after getin stiched up he said ok ill take you home but i wanted to go back to work. next day he gave me a dollar raise and really took me under his wing. i wouldnt be half the carpenter i am now if i wanted to go home. lame story i know but i remember someones quote on CT is "experiance is only as good as the person you learned it from". defiently agree. well im just ranting on im tired and need food.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts