Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Design Build
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Pace American Journey SE 7x14 7K With 12" Extra Height / Screwless Exterior / Ramp Doors

Plant Building Tree Wheel Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Musical instrument Font Motor vehicle Electronic instrument Poster

Not sure how this other thing ended up in there.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Now I will be studiously reviewing all the custom cargo trailer threads to get smart on the cool things y'all have done.

Blank slate is a bit ominous and exciting. Input is always welcome.
I'm thinking of running a couple of cameras as I do things to share on Y/T. I'm just not mister TV personality...soooooo

·
Design Build
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I needed a place to store the contents of this small and tired shed so I can demo and build a bigger and better one. The idea of a trailer and it's usefulness came into focus.

·
Registered
Custom
14,234 Posts
I needed a place to store the contents of this small and tired shed so I can demo and build a bigger and better one. The idea of a trailer and it's usefulness came into focus.
What a great excuse for a brand new toy!... (y)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I recommend that you prime and sand paint the floor and ramp right away. Then put a layer of 1/2" b/c plywood on the walls before you build your cabinets/shelving.

·
Registered
13,458 Posts
Did you get a good deal? I’ve been looking to replace my aging 6x12 but prices for Trailer are crazy right now.
Same here. The same 6x12 I bought in 2012 is now 9,500 bucks. I paid 3,500.

I'm waiting. I want a 7x16 though.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Design Build
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$13K total.
It was listed at $11.9K

i picked up some E track and their installer was doing a trailer build out and showed me what to look out for.
The floor and walls are 16” oc struts with sanded ¾ plywood On the floor. The walls are the same OSB at ½”.

Its so clean that the painting will definitely be first.
I think I can mount the E track and then overlay it with half-inch B/C. That would give it a flush mount finish.
The installer said that flushmounted D ring kits require a 3 inch hole saw and you cut through the floor. Typically they weld metal plates between struts in the floor to add hold down strength. Once everything is complete, they reapply automotive under coating over the whole area.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Design Build
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is that a Denver Boot I see on that trailer? great idea!
The salesman sold me the hitch lock but he said anybody could tie chains around it and drag it far enough away that they could work on the lock so he suggested adding the wheel lock. I don’t know what it’s called but it’s pretty easy to put on and since it’s so bright yellow people will see it and go onto the next guy down the street with a trailer that doesn’t have one. At least that’s the plan.

·
Registered
Residential Framing, Post Frame Buildings, Garages
1,336 Posts
Hey man, your trailer is leaking!
Guy I know used to have a lawn care business.

One day he opened his truck door and started to piss on this lady's blacktop driveway.
She came running out of the house screaming that his truck was leaking something on her freshly sealed driveway
He said he never put it away so fast in his life, then had to convince her it wasn't going to harm her driveway

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts